Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Simple holiday mantel



I kept our mantel pretty simple this year. I find that with the Christmas tree in the same room and so close to the mantel, things can get pretty busy looking.

I love mantels that have the drapey garlands and greens, but for this room it just doesn't work. We also have our big, black TV on our mantel so that really cuts down the space to play with.


On the left side I have two mercury glass (metal?) candle holders, bought at Target a few years ago (during their glorious after-Christmas sales!) I needed more height for one of the candle sticks, so I just wrapped an old box with scrap booking paper to lift it up.


The white vase was thrifted and the green ball inside is a "kissing ball" with the ribbon cut off, just plopped inside.


The right side has a birdcage filled with gold, silver and white ornaments, a stack a white books, a plant and a plate all in white tones. The plate is hung with a Command Velcro hook, and has held up great.


And, as much as I complain about that big 'ol TV, I'm sure happy to have it when this comes on!

Linking up with:
The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment