Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Copycat: Ikea Candle Holder

While browsing Ikea the other day I came across this glass candle holder. It caught my eye because I've been wanting to add a little black and white to our family room. While it was affordable at $9.99 (candle not included) I knew I could recreate the look for less.
I already had a glass vase and candle that would work, I just needed some ribbon. Luckily, I found some leftover Halloween ribbon at Micheal's for 50% off!
First, I attached one end with hot glue (this will easily peel off the glass if I ever want to remove the ribbon) and wrapped the ribbon around.
 
 Fold over the raw edge and glue.
 
Then glue everything down, smoothing as you go.
 
Plop a candle in, and you're done!
 
I put a piece of black felt in the bottom to make it look a little more finished.
 
I love that this literally took me 10 minutes and I can update or remove the ribbon whenever I'm ready for a change!
 
 
Linking up with:
The Shabby Nest DIY Show Off [under-10-under-1-hr-spring-20134.jpg]

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that's a great knockoff! I don't think I would have been able to keep it that simple and still have it look great like yours... I tend to over complicate things! :o/

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome knock off and you can't beat the price! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love the little kick the stripes give :)

    ReplyDelete