Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving table (with printable place cards)

We're not hosting Thanksgiving this year. After six straight years of doing it, I can't say I'll miss all the shopping, food prepping, cooking and cleaning. What I will miss is the table setting. So, I decided our little family would have our own special dinner in the dining room. A room that sadly is only used for dining a few times a year.

While we won't be eating traditional Thanksgiving food for our little dining room dinner, I did want the table setting (or table scaping as they call it) to be Thanksgiving-ish. I started with gold plate chargers from Target a couple years ago, followed by our simple Crate & Barrel dishes. The glasses are from my Grandma :)

The gold acorns I used in the centerpiece are actually ornaments from Wal-Mart. I found out about these from Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming, go check her post about other hidden gems at Wally World!

Candle holders are DIY. Candle sticks (bottom) are glued with glass epoxy to a glass vases, all found at the Dollar Store (how's that for a $2/each investment?!)

And no table, in my opinion, is complete without place cards. I mean, there were four of us eating dinner that night, how would we ever find our place without them? ;) I chose a cozy plaid background for the cards, wrote the names of our dinner party guests, folded and placed on each plate. You could also add embellishments to the cards: feathers, paper (or real) leaves, anything really.

Here's a printable sheet of name cards if you'd like to use them for your Thanks or Fakesgiving dinner. I printed mine on linen cardstock which makes the plaid look even more charming.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Linking up with:
The Shabby Nest DIY Project Parade featured image UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment