Monday, November 12, 2012

Kitchen before & after

This kitchen was original to our 1963 colonial. It was the first thing we tackled when we move in in 2005. Luckily, we moved in the summer and my husband, who works in education, was off and time to spend on the house. My dad came over for about a week and helped us tear out and rebuild our kitchen. All the labor was done by us!
This is what we started with:





Here’s after adding:
New flooring, cabinets, hardware, counter tops, lighting, and appliances. (Everything was purchased for under $6,000.)
















Like I said, this remodel is about 7 years old so I’m a little fuzzy on the sourcing details.
Floors: Independent Flooring
Cabinets: Stock cabinets from Home Depot
Counter top: Menards
Hardware: Online, but I can’t remember the site. I do know it was significantly less expensive than the big box hardware stores.
Wooden blind above sink: Meijer
Bar stools: From the old Martha Stewart line at Kmart. They were $16 each! They started out white and I recently spray painted them cherry red.

If you have any questions, please ask!


Linking up with:
UndertheTableandDreamingHookingupwithHoH

6 comments: